Winging through life: Not a reality check

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hiking - the western way



I know I've said this before - in teh context of camping- I felt it again yesterday when we went out "hiking" on a trail from Puffer;s pond to a reservoir about 3 miles away from it. I am nowhere near a good hiker, and I always howl and get all jelly-legged in the treks that I take back home in the Himalayas. But I cannot refrain from saying "Those were the REAL things!" Yesterday;s trek, for example, was pretty no doubt but how can a wood be a wood if the sides are lined with giant houses, how can wilderness be wild if you can see an electric pole in front of you?Yes, treks in India are dangerous, if you fall down a cliff and get washed away by the river - no one can dial 911 for help but then what wd you rather have concrete and security or wild dangerous fun!!
ok eye hurts, more to follow

1 Comments:

Anonymous Trek to Himalayas in India said...

Ascending the heights and being a part of the Himalayan landscape is an experience beyond comparison. Above all trekking in the Himalaya is often a mix of adventure, pleasure
and self realisation.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page visitor counters
Dialup ISP